Care & Maintenance
Plazma Stone Inc. quite strict in terms of care and maintenance of their designed stones. We rely on Quartz Surfaces which are hard and non-porous, since they are virtually maintenance-free.
One can maintain quartz surfaces with the following steps:
- One can simply wash and then wipe them with a soft cotton cloth and warm water along with mild soap if desired.
- One can use non-abrasive cleaners that are usually used for granite surfaces.
- One can even scrub the surface using Scotch-Brite scrubbers. Do not use any abrasive cleaners and harsh scrub pads.
- Avoid using bleach and cleaners which contain alkaline salts, acids, oxidizers and free radicals.
- Use plastic putty knife to scrape the surfaces from tough remnants.
Although Quartz surfaces are stronger than the normal stones used in kitchens and other places, one should note that:
- Slight variations in colour, pattern size&shapes and shades are normal and need to be taken account
- Countertopsneed to be supported from beneath as they themselves cannot function as support structures.
- They are also not chemical or fracture-proof.
- Quartz surfaces can be damaged by force and not exactly chip-proof and scratch-proof.
- Use of cutting boards for fruit and vegetable on quartz surfaces is highly recommended.
- Use of hot pads or trivet for handling hot utensils on quartz surfaces is recommended.